Thursday 12 October 2017

Famous people who have dyspraxia

there are some people in the public eye that have dyspraxia and sometimes talk about it in interviews and having someone to look up to who is similar to you can be incredibly supportive for people
Image result for jamie lambert dyspraxia
to start with the dyspraxia foundations celebrity patron Jamie Lambert a singer from the band Collabro who won britains got talent in 2014 and jamie has spoken in public about how dyspraxia affects him and when he became the patron of the dyspraxia foundation he's mum wrote a blog on dyspraxia as a parent which you can see here https://yorkie007.wordpress.com/2015/06/28/pug-diaries-the-devil-is-in-the-detail-dumbing-down-dyspraxia/

Image result for florence welch
florence welch is a singer known from the band florence and the machine and she has dyslexia as well as dyspraxia and has talked about it and in an article on understood.org she mentioned that dyspraxia has helped her with being in a creative industry.

David Bailey at East End exhibition opening.jpg
Image result for cara delevingnedavid bailey is a well known photographer who also has dyspraxia although there arent really any articles of him talking about it there is a bit from his wife again suggesting the creativity side of dyspraxia being a positive thing that may help people so they dont focus on the negatives.


Cara delevigne model and actress has fairly recently spoken about having dyspraxia (it was mentioned in an article in vogue) and i think there is something about her when she does interviews that when you know she has dyspraxia you can notice.

perhaps the most well known dyspraxic is Daniel Radcliffe the actor who played harry potter and i can remember dyspraxia being mentioned around the 3rd film prisoner of azkaban i think on an extras disc where he mentions he always struggled with school and has difficulty with shoelaces i also remember an interview towards the end of the films in which he said that he is always breaking the wands. and he also gave some advice in an interview which was to not let dyspraxia hold you back it didnt him for him.
Image result for dan radcliffeImage result for einstein dyspraxia
and finally albert einstein is thought to have had dyspraxia or possibly aspegers/autism and is perhaps why he excelled so much in one area of science.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    YOUR BLOG IS AMAZING!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I (sorry for this,)
    have dyspraxia and I found this great. I feel like hardly no -one understands even at school they pride them self’s on being good at SEN support and around school they have dyslexic heroes ,but not dyspraxic (and i know there both are SLD’s so are similar but still...) and I Feel like theres no one I connect with because I have other issues as well and I find it hard to make friends too ☹ Any way I’m new at this blogging thing -i decide to do it because this teacher at school who does OT with me and my speech therapists say they like my writing and I sound different when I write, ( I found it's the only way I can express myself probbly and the only thing that i don't mess up (besides not being able to spell:(), (when i write something) -I know that doesn’t make sense ,but still) and so it’s one of the only things that makes me happy -when someone reads my writing and when i write . I’ve been trying to find a Dyspraxic blog (and other blogs ) that I could connect with ,but I wasn’t having much luck (they where all oldish or on a different platform so i couldn't try to connect with it) till i stumbled across your site -Please please please -please keep posting!!! (could you perhaps write a post where you discuss sports dyspraxics might like /be easier or find sports classes for dyspraxic children or maybe you could do one on help for dyspraxic adults -because I’m a little worried about how I will continue to get help after school...)I've only posted about 4 things of my own (I have 2 sites and 2 for each -because equality matters -see )and I was wondering if there’s any tips and tricks that you could give me to A. cope with my dyspraxia B. become a more known blogger C. finding blogs to connect with (my interest are SLDs, mental health issues like social anxiety ,selfhelp etc,Sillyish science (so like weird science questions that are answered using science ),and films! Thanks!
    ps sorry for rambling on -i know its a long comment-its my 1st ever comment ! (whoop,whoop!) ...(and my spelling is awful!)(also know that you can ask me for help on your blog if you would like (i'm new so can't help with how a blog works much,but where better to get advise about Dysphaxia then from a fellow dyspraxic?)
    pss. IS this normally how people do comment ? Because i'm new to that too-sorry if i'd bothered you too much :( )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you
      no need to worry about long comments, SEN in schools can be very different maybe bring up that theres only mention dyslexic 'heroes' and not other disabilities (SLD or physical)
      there are a few bloggers around there a link in my social media blog here http://bit.ly/2zeIfrr that takes you to a collection of bloggers/vloggers on dyspraxia
      keep an eye out for some sports blogs i have some planned
      thank you

      Delete